The State Stud Redefin has a position for a horse trainer (f/m/o) to be filled as soon as possible .
The State Stud Redefin is a commercial enterprise of the federal state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The stud has a staff of 30 employees and 10 trainees who take care of 140 horses.
Besides the EU insemination station with 30 stallions, the federal riding and driving school for the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern is also located at the State Stud Redefin. In addition, colts are raised and trained at the State Stud to complement the stock of breeding and riding horses.
The State Stud is a modern provider for all services relating to horses. It offers various possibilities for breeding, training, presenting and marketing of their horses to the breeders in the catchment area.
As a tourist hotspot in the state, the State Stud is a year-round contact point for tourists and a venue for various events, exhibitions and equestrian highlights in the region. From classical music concerts to garden exhibitions, various associations and organisations also hold events, such as the Mecklenburg main licensing.
All in all, the State Stud Redefin is a highly interesting place to work in and one that gives you an insight into many areas relating to horse breeding and equestrian sport as well as tourism.
Your tasks will include the following:
– Breaking in and training young stallions, horses for sale and boarding horses
– Presenting horses at tournaments
– Training in horse performance tests, at the stallion parades and other events
– All work relating to horses (incl. feeding, mucking out, saddling, harnessing if need be)
– Taking care of the equipment and grounds
What we expect from you
– You are a fully qualified groom (Pferdewirt) – specialising in classical riding training
– Experience in training horses with a focus on “jumping” or “dressage”
– A high level of riding skill
– Success in competitions up to at least Level M (Klasse M)
– A high level of commitment
– Ability to work as part of a team
– Ability to work independently
– Ability to work under pressure
– A neat appearance
– You treat customers in a friendly and polite manner
– You enjoy dealing with customers
– At least driving licence class B and BE
What we offer you
– An attractive pension scheme
– An interesting, varied and challenging job
– The opportunity for further training
Place of employment: State Stud Redefin
Start of employment: 01. September 2021
Apply by: 20. August 2021
Duration of employment: initially for 2 years, with the option of a fixed-term contract
Remuneration group: pay category 5
Information on the application and selection procedure
Ensuring a good work/life balance is an important concern for us. Appropriately qualified women are therefore expressly invited to apply. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are suitable.
Applicants from the public sector are requested to declare their consent to have their personnel files inspected.
Costs associated with the application cannot be reimbursed.
Application (only by post or as a PDF file by e-mail, other attachments will not be accepted)
We look forward to receiving your complete and up-to-date application documents.
Please send applications to:
Please also note the following
We ask that your application includes the following:
– Cover letter
– Your C.V.
– Copies of certificates
– Proof of your success in competitions or as a trainer
Contact person for questions regarding personnel matters
Mrs. Kirsten Stelljes
Tel.: +49 38854-62027
Office hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.; 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Contact person for questions regarding technical matters
Mr. Heiko Strohbehn
Tel.: +49 38854-62025
Office hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.; 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
By submitting your application, you expressly agree to the processing of your personal data. This is done exclusively for the purpose of the application procedure. After the procedure has been completed, your documents will be kept on file and destroyed after the retention periods have expired in compliance with the data protection regulations.